Re: [PyrNet-L] The question of guarding abilities

I agree with what you say and believe a Pyr's guarding capability is
instinctive and we don't have to breed specifically for it as it is there
naturally.  When the situation arises, I have no doubt that most Pyrs will
be able to do the task.  Of course, there are always the exceptions, and I
think that would be the dog whose temperament is questionable.  We have all
seen dogs of questionable temperament in the show ring and that is the dog
who I would wonder about as far as LGD.
Donna

----------
> From: JScheel97 <JScheel97@aol.com>
> To: pyrnet-l@gamerz.net
> Subject: [PyrNet-L] The question of guarding abilities
> Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 12:48 PM
>
> I haven't said much on this list, but decided to get into the debate.  My
> girl, Breezy, is a loving pet and companion, not a working dog (as in
guarding
> some sort of flock animals).  However, her natural drive guarding is very
> great.  When ever we take out walks, no matter what the environment, she
is
> always on the allert.  If we are out in open fields, we must sit and
observe.
> She scans and scans in all directions.  If anything moves, she watches
> intently until she decides what it is and if it is a threat.  I love
watching
> her when she's on self imposed guard duty.  I have really learned a lot
from
> her.  We used to live in northern Utah by the Utah State Univ.
agricultural