[PyrNet-L] BEHAVOIR: 3 Sticky Wickets

Hi everyone,       I haven't ask for help directly for myself here
before. Asking for help, is not something that I consistently do well.
Perhaps as a result of that, 3 sticky wicket's concerning my 2 darling
pyrs, Jonah & Lexi have been escalating and have become problems.
Help?   # 1 Sticky wicket:  Is all about Lexi. She is now 13 months of
age. She is by far the smartest dog that I have ever know. I am certain
that Lexi, must have her Pyrenees BA in Education, because she loves to
teach Jonah and I new things. Just this past Tuesday, she supprised me
and baffled Jonah with her new trick. In my den I have a computer
center. There are two fluffy round dog beds in it,( since this is where
they spend a lot of time with me. ) Jonah was lying in the bed farthest
from me. In front of my computer there is a cushy, swivel chair, which I
was sitting in. Lexi comes prancing into the room. At first she sits
right in front of me, in want of attention. My back is to her. Since I
am typing for the moment, ignore her after telling her to wait. Lexi,
then takes her right paw, puts it on the seat of my chair and proceeds
to turn me around, until I am facing her. I start to giggle and laugh.
She gets the impression that she, therefore is doing a very good thing.
So, she does it again and again, turning me to one side, then to the
other. She then has decided that my weight will need her two front paws,
so, she is standing up while she is rocking me. All the while, Jonah, is
completely baffled, for he is cocking his head from side to side, trying
ever so hard to understand what the heck this new behavior is all about.
I felt like I was becoming sea sick, so, after telling Lexi, how very
proud that I was of her, I made her get off. This is just one of many
tricks that Lexi  has taught us. So now you have some idea of what I am
dealing with. Lexington seems to have  the energy of a puppy of 5
month's old. She gets bored quickly. Her and I attend obedience class
together. I work with her just about everyday, twice,  for 10 minute
session's. Most days I play with her for an hour or so. We play tag, tug
o' war, hide & seek, I throw she catches. We chase each other all over
the house. Who is chasing, depends upon who has the toy. This time, does
not include cuddling with and stroking her, which, if I had to put a
time on it, it would probably be for at least 45 minutes a day. We
generally have a jolly good time of it. I also, take Jonah & Lexington,
just about everywhere with me.  Well, you guys, this isn't enough for
her. Jonah is 28 months old. In the last month or so, his rambunctious,
romping with his beloved Lex,  has lessened,  just a bit. Lex has
decided that Mommy should now pick up the slack. She frequently turns to
me for entertainment. For the first time I feel inadequate as a Pyrenees
parent. I do not know  what else I can do for her.  I'm willing to do
whatever it takes, within some time constraints. It kinda' feels like
being a dumb parent to a genius child. I suppose. LOL.  Please
help?         PS. A behavior of Lexi, worth noting, is that she very
often follows me around and stays with me. However, it seems not to be a
neurotic behavior, like 'shadowing'. She seems to* need* to protect me.
Perhaps because I am just a dumb parent
<bg>.                              Sticky wicket # 2:  Jonah, the past 3
month's is exhibiting behavior of being hand shy. Ot of nowhere this has
come. It seem's that when my husband Lee, or I have something in our
hand he will lower his head, and or turn away his head. He will also,
bring his shoulder's down a bit. He too, seems to prepare himself to run
if he had to. He suddenly, does not wish to take the best of treat
reward's ( steak, & cheese)from our hand's. He tries to make me drop the
food on the floor rather than give it to him. He actually, seems to
cower, when the hand  is offering food. I never expected to see this
behavior in any pyr of mine. I thought that being hand shy, was a result
of someone hitting a dog. I certainly have never done that.  He rarely
has been away from us. Even when we travel, 'they' go with us or I have
my best friend house & dog sit. They go to a groomer once monthly, but
she's a sweetie. Perhaps what doesn't at all fit,( at least with my
amount of knowledge), is that he is a vocal, brave and protective
guardian, when he thinks me or his territory is being threatened. He is
mostly a very courageous pyr. I know,  as well as I have ever known
anything, that if neccesary, Jonah would give his life for mine. I don't
get it. Does anyone? Please help?                 Sticky wicket # 3:
This is about both of them. On the first floor of our home, we have a
few  sliding glass door's.  When Jonah & Lexi are outside and decide
that it's time to go in they throw their weight onto the sliders to get
Mommy's attention. Jonah, stands on his 2 hind legs while making
formidable,  even, straight strokes on the glass. His paw prints appear
on the glass with mud, looking like x-country ski tracks. Darlin' Lexi,
leaps onto the glass with her front paws flailing every which way.
Leaving mud behind that looks like kindergarten finger paints. It is not
the mess that I mind so much. The slider's glass is finally given way.
One of them has seals that have broken. So, now we're talking about
permanent damage.  Jonah & Lexi, want to make 'Mommy' their doorman.
Next thing you know they will want me to hail them a taxi. And without
the tip! <VBG>.    I have so far tried to command them to get off. Even
rewarded them when they did. The problem is that I am not always there
to see when they are about to jump. Also, I cannot ignore them when they
want to come in, because they will continue to ruin the door. They must
sense this, as well. Early on, I did try to ignore them and just told
them ' not now '. I have thought of a pet door, yet, that will mean
lotsa' dirt coming inside on to the carpet, because I won't have the
chance to wipe them off. Please help?    I more than welcome and need
any suggestions you all have. Please help?      In that we need all the
help we can get, I have posted this lengthy composition on to both
list's.    Thank  you all for taking the time to read this.  You 'guys'
never fail to come up with answers and solutions. I really appreciate
that.  Thank you in advance and take good care.   Judith, Jonah & Lexi