Re: [PyrNet-L] Lost loves

RE: How long dogs live:
   Usually it makes a difference whether a dog is an indoor or outdoor dog,
because they are more apt to be injured by cars, fights, contagious disease,
etc. if they are outside & LOOSE.
    My old  Newfoundland Moses almost broke records by living to be 21 yrs.
old & being healthy & walking 3 miles a day till a few days before he died. He
was always an outdoor dog, although often kept in kennel. Did not eat any
special food, just a cheap brand with oil or drippings added for his coat.
   His son, Nick,  lived to age 15, when I put him down because of a back &
hip problem he didn't share with his dad. He was very healthy till age 14.