[PyrNet-L] Re: Drool,ONE & THREE

> Hi Australia!

ONE & THREE;
   Sooo, ya' wanna' know about pyrs down under do you? I have no idea!
<VVBBG>.  However this drool thing, well, that's something I can sink my
teeth into. Oooch! I have raised 4 pyrenees and help to raise 7 puppies.
I have pet, held, cuddled, hugged and kissed a countless amount of
drooling darlin's. Pyrenees of course as well. With all of my own pyrs
their drool factor was nil. Nil to me because they all slobbered just a
'liitle' bit only when they were hot or thirsty. They were cooled and
watered well before the pyr spit got worse. Oh yes! Meal time! They also
collect a medium or less amount of saliva after wolfing or gingerly
downing their food.
    I do so like The St. Bernard and Newfoundland too. Ownership of one
for me was never a consideration because of exactly what your wife,
understandably is concerned about.
 A Vermont friend of mine who had once both Newf.'s and  Bernard's once
told me that " unless I am prepared to have drool 6' high upon all my
walls and accept it, not to bother with ether breed" I did and did not
add them to my pyr family.<g>
For me, pyr drool is so relatively small that it never came up to think
too much about. Most little doggie tikes drool a little. Does your wife
know that? <g>
    The breeder's house sound's like a dump! I would buy from a breeder
like that. Apparently they did not even care enough about their
customers to even make an attempt at getting it in order.
Sliding glass door's are something I also know a lot about. You might
call me a veritable expert on the subject Pyrs/Sliders.<VBG> I do have a
few sliders. One or two at any given time could have pyr drool,
pyr-pawed mud or pyr-pawed wet on them. In fact, as I once mention, they
rather look like art work from a child. <g> I keep a bottle of window
cleaner in my den. It's clean one minute and then after two, it's
anybody's guess how long it will become dirty again. This is okay around
here right now. But, my house's both it's inner and outer area's are
clean. That is, other than the pyr yard.( their choice) Oh, BTW, if I
knew for a 'fact' that my pyr would be coming from an excellent breeder,
I would care less if they lived in a messy or unclean home. As long as
their pyrs didn't have to and they loved them.
    Personally, as to your wife's nixing the pyr idea, she doesn't have
a 'dimunitive' paw to stand on. <VBG>
        My best to you from up over, in Maine, USA

Judith, Jonah & Lexi
        God spelled backwards spells dog.