Re: [PyrNet-L] Price of dogs

> To the point, what is considered kosher as to remuneration? Do we "get
> our money back"; ask for a donaiton to be made to a Rescue org; try not
> to appear greedy?
>
> There seems to be a certain etiquette involved and I seem to have too
> many forks and spoons.  Please help!  Dee Dee

Dee Dee,

I have no idea what size of remuneration is appropriate on your side of
the Atlantic but over here we have one major Pyr rescue center. This is
run by Lorna Ireland who just happens to be the Secretary of the
Pyrenean Mountain Dog Club of Great Britain.

We collected out first Pyr (Sasha) from Lorna in March of last year and,
at that time, donated 50 (UK pounds) to the Rescue Fund. By the time
that we went back for our second (Cottee) we had discovered just how
much work, time, money, effort and TLC had gone into Sasha's
rehabilitation. As a result when we collected Cottee, we doubled our
original donation.

Donations are always listed inside our club magazine so that it would be
possible to determine what the 'going rate' was. However, having had the
privilege of living with a couple of rescue Pyrs for a little while, I
am now convinced that the amounts that we have paid are far too low.

Just my two cents worth!

Barry Denyer
Third Acre, Coolham, England