Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

In a message dated 3/23/1998 8:32:22 PM Central Standard Time, pribb@feist.com
writes:

<< > $200.  is usually the price of a Golden Retriever, is this really where
 > we want our Pyrs to end up?

 You all really lost me on this thread, I guess. That must come  from the
 fact that my Pyr is a rescue dog, and not a show dog.  Are you saying the
 purebred Pyrs for show are usually much higher than this price, even as
 pups? >>

I think what the previous poster meant was that we didn't want to see Pyrs
left and right in the newspaper for $200, meaning they were being bred by so
called "backyard breeders". However here in Oklahoma that's already happened.
You can find a "purebred" Pyr for $75-$150 in the paper, yet "purebred"
Goldens are much higher.
Mitzi