Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr puppy prices

> These dogs are more than likely good examples of the breed since they ARE
> working.  Now if the owners decide to breed them and sell the puppies for a
> low prices as they are not "breeders" is that really so bad?  I agree that
> 75-150 dollars is very low considering that regardless of their reasons they
> need to get them vet care, but being as how in this scenario, they have lots
> of other animals, presumably they have a "deal" with the vet too.
>
> But anyway, my question is  would a person owning working pyrs that bred them
> be considered a BYB?

Below a BYB in my book.

Just because a dog is guarding the livestock it does not mean, in any
way shape or form, that it is a **good** example of the breed....I can
and HAVE trained a golden retriever to guard livestock before...and I
tell you he looked nothing like a pyr!... ;)

Preformance is nothing without TYPE and type is nothing without
preformance (and temperment)...if we allow people to seperate the two
then we will no longer have our beloved pyrs...

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"