Re: [PyrNet-L] What is a breeder?

Sandy,
Thanks for the article "What is a Professional Breeder", that's a keeper.  I
would prefer to change the title to "Responsible Breeder" since professional
sounds as though dog breeding is a money-making endeavor which it usually isn't.

On the thread about prices of puppies.  The cost of a puppy from a
responsible breeder varies widely in different areas of the US.
Unfortunately, many of the cheaper puppies (and some expensive ones, too)
are not coming from responsible breeders.  I don't think anyone is trying to
be controlling or snobbish. Most of the posters are concerned about the
future of our breed and have been trying to point out the importence of
buying from a responsible breeder.  Janice may have paid less for her puppy,
but her pup has turned out well and her breeder sounds responsible and that
is what counts.  Lucky Janice and lucky Albert.
Charlotte