[PyrNet-L] Flea control

My husband and I just got our first pyr puppy.  We live in the Atlanta
area, but drove to Michigan last weekend to pick up our boy, Julius.
He's a show male, pick of the litter, and absolutely magnificent!  Our
problem is that flea season is already in high gear here in the South.
We've had great luck with Frontline (we had a Golden Retriever before
losing him to cancer late last summer), and our vet recommended it for
Julius.  The Frontline directions, however, state an age limit of 10
weeks.  Julius will not be 10 weeks until Monday.  Has anyone had any
problems with skin irritation or other side effects?  What can we do for
this weekend to keep him flea-free?

Thanks,
Gene and Carol Shreve
Atlanta, GA