Re: [PyrNet-L] Flea control

<< My husband and I just got our first pyr puppy.  We live in the Atlanta
 area, but drove to Michigan last weekend to pick up our boy, Julius.
 He's a show male, pick of the litter, and absolutely magnificent!  Our
 problem is that flea season is already in high gear here in the South.
 We've had great luck with Frontline (we had a Golden Retriever before
 losing him to cancer late last summer), and our vet recommended it for
 Julius.  The Frontline directions, however, state an age limit of 10
 weeks.  Julius will not be 10 weeks until Monday.  Has anyone had any
 problems with skin irritation or other side effects?  What can we do for
 this weekend to keep him flea-free?

 Thanks,
 Gene and Carol Shreve
 Atlanta, GA >>

Congratulations on your new baby, I recently got a show baby myself.   So, I
guess I'll be seeing you at some shows in the future.  I live in Fayetteville,
GA and know exactly what you are talking about.  I believe the fleas are worse
here than in Florida.  I used the 'spot' frontline, the only problem that I
had was that I gave a greasy film to their coat around that area.  Which, I
personally did not like for showing purposes.  So, I am going to switch to
Advantage (I already had 1 on it and she did just as well).

Other than that - not 1 flea or tick.  It does do the job.

Lara Spears
Fayetteville, GA