Re: [PyrNet-L] Testing

The one who didn't just lie there came home with us. We were clear that we
had a dominant puppy who would need particular attention in order that he
would know that he wasn't alpha. He spent a lot of his first few months
with us on his back, and we learned how to let him know, gently, that he
could not have his own way. We also let him know he didn't have the
responsibility of being leader of his new "pack." Paddington has been and
is a wonderful, gentle companion animal and therapy dog--we wouldn't trade
him for anything. Shelley was another dominant one....but totally loving
and the most gentle creature imaginable, unless she or her pack were
threatened. Temperament testing is important in order that breeder and
potential owner can determine the right placement, training, etc....it
doesn't mean that only certain puppies are "acceptable." With the kind of
support we got from our breeder, we learned that we could live very
happily with dominant pyrs.
Ann, Peg and Paddington