Re: [PyrNet-L] co-owners??

THVICEPREZ wrote:

> I have a friend who is a co-owner of a dog.  The dog lives with her but the
> breeder or someone else takes the dog to shows and takes him to stud.  What's
> that all about and how does it work?  I don't have a pyr yet but hope to get
> one in the next couple  of months and was wondering about it.

Your friend has an arrangement with her co-owner to do these things. I
assume the co-owner is the breeder of the dog. Personally, after my
current experience of Co-owning comes to a close I will not do it again
unless I know the person very very well. Usually it is done and agreed
to when the puppy is purchased. I do co-own pups I have bred but, my
involvemnt with them is extremely limited - I co-own those to make sure
they are loved and cared for, I don't like it, but, my attorney says
that is the only way I could legally get a puppy back that is proven to
be being abused. I will never cause the heartache and frustration that
has been put on me.

If you are looking for a puppy, email me privately, I know of some that
will be avaliable.

Lisa