[PyrNet-L] Chat, Rescue-Julie Passes

<<
 For those of you who do not know Julie is a rescue that came to me last fall.
She had lived quite a pittiful life on a chain.  She was old, we do not know
how old but by the indications atleast 6-7 or older.  She had no voice -- she
had been debarked which had been done in her earlier years as a court order
from the City of Houston.
 She had never been spay and at this late stage in life had what the woman who
turned her over to me her first litter of pups -- yep last fall.  The pups
were Pyrenees /Shepherd mix-- 10 of them.  I never saw them but I did manage
to get the girl to make sure the 10 of them were taken and spay!!  Julie was
toxic during her pregnancy and almost died after they arrived.  She never
gained all her weight back.   She was spay when she got here and made current
on her shots.
      Virginia offered to foster her but due to illness, time and space she
later moved her to her second foster home.
        The following is from Kris her third foster Mom--

 It is with great sadness and tears while writing this that Julie passed
 away quietly today at 3:30pm.  She had taken to hanging out in the goat
 yard, which is right next to the back yard, I would leave the gate open
 and she would come and go as would the goats and other dogs.....She went
 out there this morning and I had errands to run, when I came back I
 checked on her and noticed things didn't seem the same.  A little while
 later when I checked again, I could notice the long slow breaths, not
 unlike my own mothers when she passed away....I stayed with her and
 petted her while talking about the rainbow bridge and how she'll beable
 to bark again and won't be tired anymore.... she took her last breath
 very peacefully.  I buried her in the goat pasture under some nice shade
 trees where I have buried some other farm animals over the years....
      Thanks for the help Virginia and Kris-- I know Julie thanks you both.
 Pam<with tears>
 Houston >>