[PyrNet-L] [Fwd: RESCUE: Daniel and the Lion's Den]

---- Begin included message ----
This is an update on "BJ, the rescue boy that Pam first mentioned
several days ago. He was relayed to me via Rita and Pam yesterday.
Relays are often necessary in a city the size of Houston!

Following is a list of adjectives to describe BJ upon his arrival in
rescue:

Emaciated, odorus, matted, tangled,FECEcious,
sickly,dirty,smelly,miserable,bony,sad,confused, pitiful
AND
Stoic, sweet,gentle,tenacious, needy,dependant, independant,
loving,desirable, beautiful, Pyrenean... wanted

BJ was bathed several times then shaved in some areas where numerous
porcupine quills had embedded. He looks like a lion because of a strip
of heavily matted fur that was shorn around his neck. He also has a
lion's tail for the hair is shaved halfway down his tail with a plume
remaining at the bottom!  The ironic thing about this is when my teenage
son first saw him (before mat removal) he exclaimed, "Is that Daniel
after he came out of the lion's den!" He is re- named Daniel and he is
now the victor!

A vet's exam revealed that he is 25 pounds or so underweight. He is 29
inches tall and approx. 3 years old. Daniel has heavy hookworm
infestation and some tapes but thankfully no heartworms. He is having a
"wee wee" problem that the vet attributes to possible bladder stones
from malnutrition and dehydration. There is no obvious blockage and the
urinalysis was neg. for blood and protein. She will re-evaluate when he
goes back for his second worming and check-up in 2 weeks.

The temperament and conformation of this dog are *very nice* and we are
so pleased he is with us.

Thanks for listening to "one more" rescue story.
Lisa Box    Katy, Texas

---- End included message ----