Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

I think there's a difference between dominance and aggression...one which
we've had carefully explained both by our regular trainer and by the
person who monitors and assesses dogs for the pet therapy organization we
work with. Our dogs will generally allow friendly visitors into the yard
if we take them out and meet on neutral turf first, or if they are dogs
and people they know really well. Because they live in a city house with a
relatively small fenced yard, their "territory" tends to extend as far as
they can see/smell/hear etc. And that's particularly the case in areas
like the arboretum, which they have come to think of as their front yard,
I think.
Ann W