Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

> I am not sure who this reply was directed to....however, I did post that my
> bitch Pounded our fence (6ft stockage) hard enough to send the other dog
> sailing.    Is that body language?

I was not replying to you.. :)  But I will now.
Absolutley.  Your pyr bitch probably could have scaled the fence.
Instead she simply body slammed it.  She made noise, she made and
entrance, and she made herself "scarier" than real life.  If some one
tries getting into your home do you think yelling would scare them off
or yelling and beating the doors like a mad man?.. ;)....

  I feel she acted appropriately, here
> is another male dog with his head over my fence (standing on the shed in his
> yard) - there's a vulnarable pup (10wks) old in the yard - only a few feet
> away.    Should she wait for the dog to get in the yard and see what it does
> to the pup?    If I am wrong in reading her behavior then please explain.

Absolutely not.  What she did was right on the money.  What would ahve
been extreme...would have been for her to actualy continue trying to get
out to persue the danger or scaling the fence and taking down the
predator.
She knew when to draw the line...she kne how to make herself and
position known.

> She has no problem with this other dog - but did not want him near the
> puppy.     Could she have maybe adopted him as one of her own - she had just
> come out of season so maybe that's why she was a bit protective?

It was proabably a combonation of the pup being small and the natural
desire for the breed to guard boundries.

 Maybe she

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA