Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

>>Adrienne Wilder  wrote:

>I was not replying to you.. :)  But I will now.
>Absolutley.  Your pyr bitch probably could have scaled the fence.
>Instead she simply body slammed it.  She made noise, she made and
>entrance, and she made herself "scarier" than real life.  If some one
>tries getting into your home do you think yelling would scare them off
>or yelling and beating the doors like a mad man?.. ;)....
>
>  I feel she acted appropriately, here is another male dog with his head
over my fence (standing on the shed in his yard) - there's a vulnarable pup
(10wks) old in the yard - only a few feet> away.    Should she wait for the
dog to get in the yard and see what it does>> to the pup?    If I am wrong
in reading her behavior then please explain.

>Absolutely not.  What she did was right on the money.  What would ahve
>been extreme...would have been for her to actualy continue trying to get
>out to persue the danger or scaling the fence and taking down the
>predator.
>She knew when to draw the line...she kne how to make herself and
>position known.
>
>> She has no problem with this other dog - but did not want him near the
>> puppy.     Could she have maybe adopted him as one of her own - she had
just
>> come out of season so maybe that's why she was a bit protective?
>
>It was proabably a combonation of the pup being small and the natural
>desire for the breed to guard boundries.

Thank you, I  felt this was to be true and have always thought she would
have been a very good LGD.    I love to observe her & my male interact - it
is amazing!      She is a character and one of the most confident girls I
have come across.    It is because of her that we have become so  involved
in Pyr activities and of course have our second Pyr!

Take care,
Dianne Migas - NJ
jdmigas@email.msn.com
"Where's Gunner?   Still waiting on the grooming table"