[PyrNet-L] Another Question

Hi,

When I come out of lurking mode boy do I come out of lurker mode :-)

I'm taking a break from the Shiba list as there has been some very
heated wars lately and I just got fed up with it - ya know I've never
known of a flame war going on here???  Okay maybe one heated discussion
but that's it.  Could it be the personalities of dog owners???  Pyrs,
laid back, calm.  Shibas, "fiery little fuzzballs from hell".
Hmmmmmm????

Okay, it's withdrawal I'm going through, just smack me one :-)

My question (finally) - what can I expect from a pup the first nights?
I figure she's going to confused, maybe lonely and scared.  Her crate
will be in our bedroom right beside me.  We also have a cat who has
never ever been in the same room with a dog (thinking I'm in for pet
hell).  Does the difference in breeds make for different pups in this
situation - being away from mom and littermates???

Thanks....oh one more question....I'm changing the Shiba character in my
story from a male to a female (that's the pup we're getting) - should I
change the Pyr dog to an older male from the original older female.
I've also decided that the Pyr would be the male lead's dog on the
property next door to the female lead and Shiba owner.  In reality would
a female Pyr (roughly 3-4 years old) accept a smaller spitz type
female.  Would a male accept a female smaller breed?  In all your
opinions what relationship would you find more believable??

Thanks again for all your help

Chris "the Rambler" Speakman
speakpc@interlynx.net