Re: [PyrNet-L] Question???

On Tue, 02 Jun 1998 19:37:16 -0400, Phil & Chris Speakman wrote:

 << Though when I heard about Springer Rage it was explained to me as
two
  possibilites - too much bad breeding and/or the size of the skull
being
  to small for the brain and that affecting the nerves (I'm getting a
  little over my head in this area, just barely understood this
theory).>>

There seems to be a lot of mixed ideas about Springer Rage also lol!
Some vets don't think it's anything but a spoiled dog and others
believe it's a real syndrome. I haven't had any experience with it so
I really don't know.
We always hear about a dog that attacked the family toddler. I wonder
how many of those owners think nothing of their dog growling over
bones, food, etc. Most "undog" people I know think that's perfectly
acceptable behavior for your dog to growl over food & toys. So if
that kind of behavior is accepted, how is the dog to know that "the
rules don't apply in certain circumstances"? The dogs don't know.
I think if we get to questioning people who's dogs have attacked we'd
understand that it's something that's been leading up for a long time
in little ways. But nobody spoke Dogenese so only the dog knew what
was going on.
Mitzi Potter    OKC OK
Pyrs-R-Us@popline.com
http://www.popline.com/quinnz/dogs.htm