Re: [PyrNet-L] PLEASE Help! Barking problem/thunderstorms

When we first got our shy Ivy Rose a couple of months ago, she was happier
in her crate than out, even much of the time when we were home, when she
wasn't locked in. As she became increasingly at home with us, she really
didn't like being there--could she have noticed that Paddington had free
run of the house (g)!? We seldom crate her now, and have had no problems.

BUT: She is terrified of thunderstorms. During two pretty severe ones
we've had this week, she climbed the steepish stairs to our 2nd floor for
the first time and scratched on a bedroom door to get in. Once in, she
paced, scratched and scrabbled at doors, floor, etc. and generally kept us
all awake until the storm subsided. She seemed a little better when we
turned on the light so that she didn't see the lightening so much, and we
tried not to reinforce the behavior with petting or too much sympathy. Any
suggestions would be *much* appreciated!
Ann, Peg, Paddington (who sleeps through it all) and Ivy Rose