Re: [PyrNet-L] Kuvasz -heartworm positive

Just had to share my disappointment with someone who would understand.  I
wrote yesterday about going to bail out pyr and turned out to be Kuvasz in the
shelter--took her anyway to save her from euthanasia and wouldn't you know it?
She tested positive today for heartworm.

Say a little prayer for us--she is such a sweetheart that I am throwing all
logic and sanity down the toilet and going to have her treated.  I feel that
all our mountain guardians are somehow related and I can't turn my back on
her.  She may be 3-5 years old and only have a couple of years left in her,
but I bet she wants even those few short years.  She is not symptomatic and
vet says she expects a full recovery, so how can we play God and say she isn't
worth a few (actually many) dollars?

As a shelter manager and animal advocate, somedays I wish I didn't have to get
out of bed, but who would be there for these guys?

Thank you everyone for being there for my big guys--it seems we are in the
minority and I need people like you to be there when I get them in my
shelter--they are the most difficult to place.

Marcie