Re: [PyrNet-L] Kuvasz -heartworm positive

As way of encouragement, I fostered a rescue pyr 2 years ago that was also found
to have heart worm.  My Vet, truely a saint, used the new medication that requires
on 2 injections, 24 hours apart.  The bitch then had to be kept quite for 2 weeks
while the worst of the dead worms were absorbed and she no longer had a threat of
the dead worms working as a blood clot would and block her circulatory system.

This pyr was no beauty contest winner but what she lacked in style she more than
made up for in personality and love of children.  She is now living with a couple
who run a foster care foundation for children.  It seems to be a job she was born
to do.

Shortly after, my own bitch, who in MHO is a beauty queen was found to have heart
worm also.  The same treatment, the same wonderful out come.  They no longer have
to nearly kill the dog to cure the worms and the cost is very reasonable when you
consider the result.

Bottom line, Heart worm does not have to be a death sentence any more.

Judy Cook