Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Pyr that bit

> My friend is very concerned that this dog has,
> crossed the line, with biting in the face and it
> being a child.
> She would like to hear input from the Pyr group.
> This was also posted onthe LGD net to which I
> subscribe as I have an LGD.  I will print these and
> mail them for her review.  IF you have questions I
> can phone her and respond.
>
> Oh yes, the dog had never met the victim before, she
> is new in the neighborhood.

I think you rfriend should have the dog evaluated by the vet and a
competent behaviorist. I do consider this particular bite serious but,
it also sound like the dog may have been provoked or otherwise tried to
protect from what he precieved as an intruder. I have a Pyr here that
has bitten, the lady she bit could have been charged with attempted
grand theft auto. I would say that this Pyr SHOULD NOT be left with a
child unsupervised - no dog should, anyway. The behavior of the 8 year
old should be considered as well, personally she sounds like one of
those kids that need ALLOT of supervision.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I do have kids and I am careful with the dogs
and the kids, especially when there are strange kids over. I have also
had a dog put down for an aggression problem(not a Pyr) because it was a
threat and incurable. I do not let strange kids out with my male and my
younger bitches.

Lisa