[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Pyr that bit

I am posting this on the Pyr list for a friend who
had a situation arise with her 4 year old intact male
Pyr.
She does not have a computer.

Has anyone had experience with Pyr's biting in the
face, especially a child.

She had a situation arise where she was in the back
of the house in the bathroom and her daughter was
playing outside inthe neighborhood. She brought a
friend into the front year to play but the friend
heard the dog barking inside and ran to the side
window and began banging on it, riling the door to
his hind quarters.

The girl left for a minute and decided she wanted to
see the dog and without invitation opened the front
door.  Before she did she rang the doorbell and the
owners youngest daughter came to the door to see who
it was and the two oppened the door (storm and
inside) simultaneously.  The Pyr saw the strange girl
who is 8, from across the room and charged over a
slippery glazed tile floor.  He connected with her
face causing about 80 stitches  mostly in the upper
lip which he split up to the nose.  He also bit her
in the buttocks and she fled.   He did not continue
to pursue.

My friend is very concerned that this dog has,
crossed the line, with biting in the face and it
being a child.
She would like to hear input from the Pyr group.
This was also posted onthe LGD net to which I
subscribe as I have an LGD.  I will print these and
mail them for her review.  IF you have questions I
can phone her and respond.

Oh yes, the dog had never met the victim before, she
is new in the neighborhood.