Re: Fwd: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat:Behavior, pyr that bit

But she can't always be around - it is a physical impossibility.

The dog bit an eight year old girl.  As responsible owners of this
wonderful breed we should be worried first of all about the girl and second
of all about the owner (and anyone on this list) who is now justifying
unjustifiable behavior.

You say in your note that the dog  barked, howled, etc.  Where was the
owner then- when Sadie barks "that" bark and all of you know "that" bark,
I stop everything and go because I know it is something.

"his opinion is that he is a very loving and gentle dog to date." Except
for the huge gash in the eight year old's face?  I find it difficult to
believe that a vet would give such an answer.  We aren't talking a nip guys
we are talking 80 (eighty) stitches in the face of an eight year old girl.
She is disfigured for life and we are talking of trainers who are out of
town?

Your friend is exhibiting irresponsible behavior eventhough she tried to
call a trainer and talked to a vet.  The dog is not exhibiting sound pyr
judgment (there is such a thing).  The two are not compatible.   I agree
with Joe - the last time I saw a girl look like a wolf, it was in a fairy
tale!

We should be trying to figure out how we can help the little girl and her
family, because our "big pretty white dogs" are now mean monsters that will
alter her world - what a sad story to have told about such a loving, loyal
breed of dog.