Re: [PyrNet-L] Rescued Dog Energy Level

Scott-
    Hi, I recently adopted two Pyr's (sisters) from the pound last August. It
took them awhile to adjust to us. They had been in the pound two weeks and
were only 18 months old. I think they weren't sure if they were here to stay
or not. Finally they did adjust, and show love and loyalty to everyone in our
home. As for walks, I end up "dragging" one of our pyr's home on walks a bit
too frequently. But, I think this is because she is not ready to go home. She
loves to be outside. Also, they tend to be a bit more lethargic when it is hot
outside. Is it very hot where you live? Try not to walk your dog when the sun
is high and beating down on him. Go in the early morning and early evening
when it is cooler. Also, if you still have problems, have you gotten him
checked out by a vet yet? He might have a problem you are unaware of. One of
our German Shepards recently became ill and would not eat or walk because, we
found out, that we was getting into the horse manure between meals. I don't
know that this is a problem for you, but maybe it will provide a little more
insight. This is as much advice as I can give you now. I have only been a Pyr
owner  since last year, and I am getting into it still myself. Good luck with
your boy!

-Emily (with Belle and Zuni)
Caslte Rock, Colorado