[PyrNet-L] Rescued Dog Energy Level

Hi Folks,
	I'm the Dad of the Pyr that was recently rescued from the pound,
my wife, Stephanie, posted about rescuing the dog.  We've named him Yukon.

It's only the sixth day that we've had him, and so I guess we're still
learning about his individual qualities, but as a new Dad, I'm a little
concerned about his energy level and whether he might not be feeling
well (he was exposed to "Kennel Cough" in the pound, which we're told
has a 10 day incubation period).

In the first couple of days he "asked" to take walks - went up to
the fence gate and waited for someone to notice.  Over the weekend
we took him for about 1/2 mile walks, twice a day.

In the last couple of days he's not been asking for walks, and yesterday
afternoon he was pretty lethargic (I was walking, almost dragging him,
where with other dog breeds, they usually take me for a walk).

His eyes are looking a little red, but not much has changed (still
drooling, probably from the chipped tooth, and the overall stress
of changing location).  He was breathing hard much of the early
evening (while laying down), by this morning, he seemed pretty
much OK, but still, he didn't "ask" to go for a walk.

Can someone comment on the energy level of Pyrs in general,
and maybe more specifically with the process of adjusting
from the pound to a new household?

How often does your pyr ask to be walked?

	Thanks.

	- Scott (srp@zgi.com)