Re: [PyrNet-L] Biting Pyr

Sothing Joe said keeps sticking in my head....we were not there.
Then somehting some one else said, about relying on the memory of two
small girls.  The parent was not there to see it first hand and the
parent can only interperate.  The person wrinting about the story
interperates again what the parent said....now we have, what?, a fourth
of fifth hand rendition.
We'll never know what *truly* happened and that is horrible.

Euthinasia is probably the only *safe* solution.  It is by no means the
answer, because someone has already been hurt.  I have to wonder, is the
parent really sure that the dog has never shown aggressive tendancies
before?  Some people give slack to the dog who growls at the food bowl,
or over a bone, ect.....things that can be warning signs.  Also, has the
parent contacted the breeder?  Is there any known history on the sire
and dam?  Genetics can say alot sometimes...

In the end...we'll still never know. What I can't get over, is that the
pyr did not bark....what pyr doesn't bark at a strange noise....

I wish we had the whole story....if only dogs could talk.

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"