Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat:Behavior, pyr that bit

Stephanie, I think you ask really important questions. We have had more
experiences with our pyrs acting as "therapists" to children who have been
scared by other dogs. Lots has already been said by folks more
knowledgable than I about the danger of retaining any dog that has bitten
that seriously, but I do think that those of us who love our dogs do have
some responsibility to educate (including overcoming fear) children and
others about these remarkable creatures who share our lives. Part of that,
I think, is *always* insisting that children ask before approaching any
dog they don't know really well.
Ann W