Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

Schonberg Farms wrote:

> You are one of the lucky ones then, I know too many male pyrs that do
> not like children and NO they did not come from Bad breeders, or Bad
> parents.  They are from some of the top breeders in the country.

I guess this goes to show how easy it is to come to think that traits
that either your dogs have or many dogs you see have are normal or
acceptable.  We have had Great Pyrenees for 30 years and one of the best
things about them is how very good they are with children and toddlers,
calm, gentle and tolerant.  My males are the ones that I take to parades
and pre-schools because they are so calm and gentle with little kids.  I
have many friends (many of them "top" breeders) who breed Pyrs with
wonderful, reliable temperaments and I have never before heard anyone
make the statement that males are not good with children.  That kind of
behavior should not be tolerated in our wonderful breed!
Charlotte