Re: [PyrNet-L] Biting Pyr

but
> allhe wants to do is nip at me (he's 4 months old).  He is not neutered
> yet
> as this cannot be done until December.

Check around - my vet can and will neuter early. If his testicles have
dropped, he should be able to have the normal neutering procedure now as
opposed to if they haven't dropped which still can be done, just costs a
bit more.

  He "challeneges" my boyfriend,
> and I guess Samson thinks it is funny.

I know this sounds silly but, I would look at how you and your boyfriend
are playing with him. My males meet rough play with rough play and
gentle play with gentle play. It also sounds like he is expecting
something to happen every night at 8:30. I'd ask his breeder if they did
something specific at that time every night, maybe that was play time.

As far as correction - I use scruf shakes, loud no's and I will also use
a lip pinch on a nipping puppy - someone else please describe a lip
pinch, I've tried before and I'm not good at it.

I'd also take a good long look at boyfriend - even Pyr pupies are good
judges of charicter<G>

Lisa