Re: [PyrNet-L] Provoked aggression - advice?

When I read this story to my husband the first thing he thought of was to see
if they could get video of this woman provoking her dog.  At least if it is on
video tape, you can prove that your dog had a good reason to  be barking and
if - heaven forbid - the dog does do something besides bark, then the
authorities might go easier on the owner and the dog.

We have a similiar problem with our neighbors, but the animal control people
have pretty much taken our side of it, but that doesn't stop the neighbor from
harrassing us and literally making our life miserable.  The way I see it is
that since animal control agrees that our dogs are not out of line, but the
neighbor is willing to lie and exaggerate about the situation and scream at us
when she sees us (all these things she does), then I would not put it past her
to throw something over the fence.  This year our dogs have become indoor dogs
during the day.  They have always been inside dogs when we are home, but
during the day we have always left them outside.  For the most part they are
doing really well but it puts a lot of strain on us to manage to get home
early enough.  We have had to restructure our life because we have ONE hateful
neighbor (the neighbors on either side of us are wonderful).  Boy I can't wait
to move!

Sandy