Re: [PyrNet-L] Health:Parvovirus

Don't have much to contribute to this sad tale, but I *do* know that the
summer we got Paddington, there was quite a parvo epidemic here in Boston
and I was totally paranoid about where I took him until he was fully
immunized. From what I understand, it *can* be transmitted very easily. On
our way home with him (6 1/2 hours from Maine) we stopped at truck weigh
stations rather than rest areas, on the assumption that fewer dogs would
have been there. I'm not sure what your responsibility is, however. Seeing
that your other dogs are clear, it doesn't seem likely that the pup was
exposed before he left you. What kind of environments has he been in since
his placement? I'm rambling....time to let others who know more take over!
Ann W