Re: [PyrNet-L] dewclaws

Mitzi Potter wrote:

> Well, maybe the breeder who cancels her guarantee in the event the
> dewclaws are removed is one of the ones whose Pyrs have the more
> functional dewclaws<G>. My dogs all have the ones that hang down.

Like Joe said Mitzi, some just hang there and some don't. They can even
vary in that respect in a litter. I have 2 littermates here - my male,
has the kind that hang there and my bitch has the kind that don't. I
agree with Joe that we shouldn't try and define when a dewclaw is a
dewclaw, my reasoning may be different, tho - they are a bit different
on every Pyr - I've never seen a set that were identical to another on
another dog.

Lisa