[PyrNet-L] Queenie

Charlotte,

Our prayers are with you for a quick recovery for your sweet girl!   My
daugher works for a vet and amputation of a leg in the large breeds is a
fairly common occurence since bone cancer is quite common.  According to
Angie, the dogs do very well once they have acclimated themselves to the
`balancing act'.   The most frequent amputations are occurring on Great Danes
but it's usually the larger breeds, boxers, Goldens, etc.

At times there have been several in there at one time.  From what I know, the
prognosis is optimistic since it hasn't appeared to have spread to other
organs.

Good luck!

Nancy
pbpyr@aol.com