Re: [PyrNet-L] Fwd: HEALTH,CARE : recovery from nuetering-long

For what it's worth -- we just had our Pyr, Rodman, neutered this spring.
We did not encounter anything at all like what you went through with your
boy.  He did really well after the surgery, got around fine.  He was a
little tender, and licked the stitches a lot (we had to keep an eye on
that) but other than that he was fine.  He is also over two years old --
not a pup.
The only thing we've noticed different is that it seems to take him forever
to urinate. He just has a little bitty stream that keeps going, and going,
and going.

Tracy
pribb@feist.com        Bentley, Kansas
http://www.feist.com/~pribb

----------
> From: Sue433@aol.com
> To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
> Subject: [PyrNet-L] Fwd: HEALTH,CARE : recovery from nuetering-long
> Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 4:36 PM
>
> In a message dated 98-07-23 14:00:05 EDT, Sue 433 writes:
>

>   This subject is still very fresh for me, three weeks ago, we had our
pet Pyr
> Pup, nuetered.  I have always spayed our female dogs before, and never up
> until this point had a male but the females had always bounced back quite
> quickly after the surgery so I really didn't think there would be any
problems
> this time, however I was wrong.  Our vet's policy is to keep the dog over
> night and the next morning after the surgery we "tried" to pick him up.
He