RE: [PyrNet-L] thoughts on training

Ann, thanks for all of your comments on the training stuff,
It's always reassuring to hear from others, experience is a valuable
thing!

I just had to respond to your first question! Ha! Dominance
characteristics??! No, I don't think so.   Her favorite thing is to run
up to you and flop at your feet on her back for a tummy rub! wagging and
smiling!  No, I think I'm very fortunate that she's a mild mannered
girl.  I've tried to "provoke" her into showing some signs of dominance
just to see.....staring into her eyes at her level, (nothing). Laying on
the floor (she licks my face and then lays next to me). Taking her
dinner away (sad look on face). Taking away tasty rawhide
treat......(sad face, and some exhuberence to get it back).  She's
fourteen weeks now.  I'll be wary she may try for the dominance, but so
far she's not a candidate.

Interesting point also, I posted some questions back in June about her
being the runt of a litter of 10 pups.  Probably has something to do
with her mild manners.

This thread also has confirmed my theory that pyr's are very intelligent
(i.e. more likely to ask why? when given a command <G> and then "oh!
cause you have food!" or (to scratch belly, rub ears etc.  etc.)), and
they will respond better to a little give and take, than to an absolute
verbal beating!  It's a respect thing, much more so than with other
breeds I've had.  This being my first pyr, I think it's a very cool
thing to experience.

	And FYI, I've decided I'm not cool with the stepping on the
leash.  Lucy is happy to sit by my side and not make a fuss in public.
Why embarrass her by nailing her to the floor?