Re: [PyrNet-L] Help with crating problem

We have "Belle" for two months and the problem has been going on since the
begging.
The dog would cry for awhile and then go to sleep. However, about 2 weeks ago
she
escaped through the top of the pen. Since then she has been neurotic. The
crate is in the bedroom where we sleep. At night, Belle sleeps next to the bed
with a small gate that
confines her. (I use the term confine loosely, when she has to go out she just
pulls the gate over.)  She also has developed a very close relationship with
my wife, when my life leaves the house the dog barks and wants to follow.  I
do not know if the aversion
to the cage is a direct result of being separated from my wife(who is home
with the dog all day).  The dog is the most easy going, friendly animal I have
ever been associated
with. I am concerned that the dog will either hurt herself or develop
aggressive tendencies.  If it is claustrophobia, we will take steps to correct
the situation.
I am interested to hear about any experiences with "separation anxiety" and
how that
may be corrected.  This forum is one of the few vehicles that affords me the
opportunity to gather unique insights into the breed.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated
Ken