Re: [PyrNet-L] Help with crating problem

I've always started mine out being crated in the bedroom at night
while I'm asleep.  And I have ended up with a few sleepness nights
from whiners wanting out but usually settle down pretty quickly.  I
use various techniques depending on the dog on getting them used
to the crate as the crate should be a pleasant experience, ie, get
fed in the crate or get their favorite treat in the crate or get their
favorite toy in the crate for awhile or nothing besides just where it's
located (security of being in bedroom where I sleep and rest of the
dogs sleep).  Eventually I move the crate out of the bedroom and it
goes back to it's normal spot where by then they go in and out of
them as they please.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/