[PyrNet-L] Finding a groomer

Hi all!

I'd sure like your input on finding a good professional groomer for my dog.
I had a wonderful one, but then she moved away to Seattle, Washington, and
I was really sad (she owned Newfs, so did quite a few large dogs).
I know many of you groom your own dogs, and I try to do what I can with
Rodman, too, but I like to take him to a pro every three months or so to
get his nails clipped and get him really clean and white.
The last one I tried (just before Fourth of July) I got the name out of the
Yellow Pages.  It showed that she was certified by the AKC, and she said
she had previous experience with Pyrs, but I wasn't at all happy with
Rodman's cut when I got him back (see photos on web page).  I thought she
cut it MUCH too short on the back end -- I specifically did NOT want a
puppy cut, but it was almost that short on the back, and I thought it made
him look lopsided -- with the big mane in front, but shorter hair on the
back legs.  Plus, since he's now been neutered, I know that hair will never
grow out in just the same texture that it was.

So how do I find a local groomer that is really good with Pyrs like my last
one?  ANd don't tell me to ask other Pyr owners nearby, because I don't
KNOW any other Pyr owners nearby.  Does the GPCA have their own list of
recommended groomers?

Tracy
pribb@feist.com        Bentley, Kansas