Re: [PyrNet-L] Your Dog and US Air

With the freight costs, I think you see why I don't go East.  United
won't let you take the dog excess baggage for $50.00 if the dog and
crate weigh over l00 pounds.  That was an actual quote from United.  I
went on NW. . . .  Usually you pay whatever the going rate is on the
fare and the dog is $50.00 more.  The $388 freight was from San
Francisco to Anchorage and no person was flying with the dog.   Also,
most airlines can't take a crate larger than a 500, so Jaime flies in a
550.  I call it a "wide bodied" 500.  I have seen him get in a Whippet
crate - a 300 - turn around and lay down in it.  I could actually shut
the door.  I worried about getting him out, but he came right out when I
called him.  For those who don't know Jaime, he is 30 l/2 inches and 140
pounds.  (Can. Am. Ch. Marwell's Bousy Rouge Rogue)  Ruth