Re: [PyrNet-L] my dog george

<< during the night he will go to the livingroom and urinate on the
 carpet. He does not do this during the day or any other time when he is
 alone at home. He does not want to get out of the bedroom at night either, >>

It seems to me that his stint in 'home alone hell' could have caused some
lasting
insecurity. Just a guess, but it sounds to me like he's marking his(and your)
territory outside the bedroom just in case someone breeches the perimeter
(the front door) while he's asleep in the bedroom and unable to protect that
area
at night because the door is closed. A possible solution which is a pain in
the butt
because it involves staying awake all night for a couple of nights, is to
leave the door open at night and let him get used to it. Watch him like a
hawk. When he finally does go pee, be there to catch him in the act....... Ask
him what he's doing
in a loud firm voice and tell him that it's really not necessary. Also, take
up his water bowl after nine oclock in the PM so he wont feel the need to pee.
Of course,
all of this would be an experiment to see what you can do, but that's my guess
as to why he's possibly doing it. If it's always in the same spot, it could be
some kind of old dog aroma from a previous tenant that makes your guy think
that maybe
someday that dog will come back to reclaim his territory. Just like he
probably thought his old family would come back home to his old house:(
What a sad time that must have been for him. He's lucky to have found you!
Ted