Re: [PyrNet-L] Crating an older dog

In a message dated 11/30/98 9:59:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, Pyrs@prodigy.net
writes:

<<
 >I need to think long and hard about this before investing
 >$100+ in a dog crate.  Think you can get that hubby of yours to keep
 >a look out at garage sales for *me??? <BG>

 Can you believe that?? $20.00 for this huge crate!
 If you put him in the bathroom would he be alright, maybe? Some dogs will do
fine in a
 bathroom but object to a crate.
 I've heard of people leashing their dogs to the bed with a 6' lead, but I
don't know
 about that. I don't think that'd be my 1st choice, but you never know-it may
work for
 him :-)
 ~Mitzi  Potter    >>

   HA HA!!  I got you beat!!  I volunteer at a hospital charity thrift store
and one day we got two huge crates in!!  They were worried about where to put
them!  I told them if they gave me about a half hour I could find homes for
both of them. They priced them at $15 and with my 50% off discount I got mine
for only $7.50!! And within 20 minutes had the other one sold!!
   Albert hated crates, but finally what worked for him was 1-inch round
meatballs!! I make up a bunch of them and freeze them (I use ground turkey or
ground beef in mine & use onion powder instead of onions in them). Every few
days I take out a few and put them in a baggie in the fridge. (Although Albert
even loved them frozen!!) The trick with Albert is that that is the ONLY time
he gets meatballs!  Of course he tried whining to go outside and then expected
another meatball to re-enter crate!!  He even tried going in, grabbing the
meatball and shoving his way out so he could re-enter and hopefully get
another meatball!! (NOT!!  Didn't work!)  After he got used to the idea, now
it is one meatball per night. Period!

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)