Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

Nice letter Judith, I also agree with you on the bad rap that all giant
breeds take.  When I used to take the Masties in to the library for the
childrens reading days, they would use the dogs for pillows.  After they
were told how to deal with dogs, and ask permission to handle them.  The
Mastiffs loved it, but I was always cautious of rough paw pads on
delicate little persons skins.  And I made the parents aware that while
the dogs would do nothing to hurt their kids, their rough paws could
accidently brush tender flesh.  In fact, those dogs had more pictures
taken with children laying on them, including our own at the shows back
then.  One of the reasons I love the giants is they are so gentle and
sweet natured.  The Pyrs., are every bit the same, although faster in
their movements and reaction times.  We have worked with, rescued,and
helped pot-bellied pigs as well, and are part of a group here that does
that.  Often times the pigs are viciously mauled by dogs.  In fact our
little Rocky was one of those.  I think people that care about the
under-dog, care about other life as well! Cyn.
Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]