[PyrNet-L] Problem pyrs

In a message dated 12/18/98 1:24:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, MagEBroD writes:

<< On 12/17/98 Cidy Henke wrote:

 << someone wrote lambasting me about how parents "are too" doing a wonderful
job, and how dare I suggest responsibility for anything other than the dogs.
Sorry to you all, but I care about other species other than our own >>

   I believe that both Mitzi and myself wrote those letters you referred to
after posts were written saying that basically kids behave like brats and
parents are not making them behave and that is probably the problem. I
disagreed strongly with that and wrote a post regarding that. I also wrote the
following post where I state that I have cared for 35 rescues and I will add
that I also have worked at a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center and
have cared for many wild animals as well:  numerous raccoons, fawns, elk,
possums, beaver, foxes, bats, rabbits, porcupines, chipmunks, and squirrels,
to name a few. Besides which I have cared for many farm animals as well.  I
can tell you that I know Mitzi also cares for many rescues as well, and I
believe most of the 11 dogs now in her home are rescues.  So I do believe we
are taking responsibility for "species other than our own" !!!  We may not all
agree on whether dogs that have attacked people should be euthanized or not.
It is too much to expect that we will all agree.  However we should not be
resorting to attacking each other either. I am one who has nursed critters
back to health when vets refused to even try, even if it meant money in their
pockets, because it was a "lost cause" in their opinion and they said the
animal would be dead within 24 hrs.  - yet I nursed these animals back to
health on a number of occasions and the animal recovered fully after a few
days of round-the-clock care in my home and went on to live for years and
years afterwards and eventually died of old age!! I consider my land a
wildlife refuge and habitat and allow no hunting there and maintain natural
habitats for many kinds of wildlife and birds and butterflies and bats, as
well. I have a lot of respect for other species and feel a sense of
responsibility for them and work to protect their habitats and protect them
and provide a refuge from the hunters and developers and some people that may
put their own interests above that of other species, whether it is outright
killing the wildlife or just destroying their habitats in favor of either
pavement or lawns.
P.S: quoted post below.

 :)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

 Janice Vocke
 MagEBroD@aol.com
 Shelton, WA.