[PyrNet-L] Our letters and opinions need to be based on whole truth!!

In a message dated 12/19/98 7:42:56 PM Pacific Standard Time, pyrenees@gwi.net
writes:

<< The bite was a severe one. which resulted in many stitchs to face & arm.

 So severe the woman went back to work 2 days later & only spent a couple
 of hours in the hospital....Think about it people, something is fishy
 Yes, she did suffer but it was a one time mistake  >>

   I would rather hear a Dr.'s report than this person's biased report!   When
I was attacked and bitten by a dog I only missed  a day's work, but I suffered
greatly to be able to do my work! Had to keep my foot elevated and often ice
on it at all times I wasn't on it at work and at rehearsals and home. I could
only wear certain kinds of shoes for months because of both swelling and pain.
When performing on stage for three weeks I had to wear the kind of shoes that
hurt more for my costume and suffer through it for 3 hours since I had the
female lead then.  And the wound bled for months and oozed for 5 months and
got infected immediately!  I can still feel where the bite was and it has been
over 1.5 years since the attack.  It still bothers me on walks, but I walk
anyway. The scar will be there forever and  visible to all, unless I wear
socks. I did manage to get the medical expenses paid and my shoes replaced
that were damaged beyond repair in the attack. That is all.
   I am hesitant to believe all I am told by the attacking dog's side.  The
owners told the hospital that I went to immediately after the attack that I
was lying and their dog did not bite me!!  The man had had to pry the dog's
jaw open so I could get my foot out of it's mouth!  They told the insurance
agent the same thing!  The couple had been very apologetic after it happened
at first and told me how their dog always acts mean to everyone else and how
they need to keep him locked up whenever anyone comes over.  I told the
insurance agent and the animal control officer to go to their house
unannounced themselves and see for themselves if the dog is vicious. The dog
had been confined to a room. The woman thought I had left when her hubby and I
took furniture out to my van that I was buying. She let the dog out and the
man told me to go inside to write the check out as it was raining hard. He
opened the door and let me go first and the dog had me before I even had my
second foot over the threshhold!  The insurance agent and the animal control
officer did go and see for themselves and saw I was right!  The insurance
agent was very willing to give me what I wanted, as he knew I had an excellent
case and could of sued for big bucks!  I chose not to. He also encouraged me
to get reconstructive surgery and said he could get me almost $1,000 more if I
wanted to have more work done on my foot without even needing to see any
medical bills!  And if I wanted more medical expenses paid then I'd just need
to present the bills. He was so thrilled to have me be so cooperative and not
sue-happy, that he didn't even want me to send photos or copies of bills and
receipts or anything. (Although I kept them for my records.)
   So we are hearing only one side here and victim has a story to tell, I am
sure. I would rather hear from her or her Dr. about her suffering than from
the dog owner's lawyer or dog owner. What about scarring, possible
reconstructive surgeries, nerve damage, muscle damage?
   This whole case has been presented to us as so one-sided it isn't even
funny.  I am sure that there are many things that we could have been told that
are a matter of record that we haven't been told. What is the victim's story
here? What is this garbage about things being private???  It is a matter of
public record, is it not?  When we were enlisted to help and write letters and
send e-mails and make phone calls we should have had access to all the
information first. We still do not!! And the massive amount of misinformation
that has been given is staggering!  I want to hear the opposing side's
statements!

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com