[PyrNet-L] Chilling Out

>  Hi all,

>  <<does anyone now what the true  meaning of the season is?  >>

    Since you mentioned it, I think I do.    Today it means that this is
the shortest day and the longest night of the year. It's called the
Winter Solstice. It was celebrated millenniums before the Jews or
Christian's belief came to be. It is a pagan holiday. They professed I
believe a polytheistic religion. They were considered irreligious
hedonistic as well as peasants.    One of my dictionaries states that
hedonism is "the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the highest
good". Ummmm........ no argument here! <G>

>   (Yet in all honesty Jesus was probably not born at
> what we celebrate as Christmastime. But that is when Christians have
> decided
> to celebrate his birth!)

       Interesting! A devout Catholic girlfriend of mine told me tonight
that Jesus was probably born in August.

>  I have many dear friends and relatives of many
> different religions and a few Atheists and Agnostics, too.
> Fascinating to
> learn more about different religions and views.

    I have a  well rounded and well mixed body of friends also. I
suppose growing up in Manhattan, for me it's not only natural but
without it I become culture starved. I enjoy a diversified life, wit
many kind's of people in it. Without too much of the same of most
thing's.
    Well, wait a minute now. When pyrs's, pyr people, pyr places and pyr
things are great, I do tend to want more of them. Same old same old or
not. <g> Does that make me hedonistic? Hummm.

> The main thing I feel is to
> concentrate on the things that unite us and not those things that
> divide us.
>   (Although you'd hardly guess that from the many debates we have on
> the
> lists, huh?? And I mean myself here, too!)

    Few of us that posted escaped being a bit divided a bit. I didn't. I
guess that's ok since we all can be united now and for this season of
miracles and beyond. I don't think that anyone really meant to harm. I
think we are all pretty terrific pyr people. I have chilled out this
morning in a most luxurious bubble bath, feeding Jonah and Lexi biscut's
when they braved through the bubbles and obedience commands. <g>
    Sad too say but the three of us still haven't chilled out in the
winter's snow. Not outside in 19 degree weather, with all that lovely
snow. And there's been no snow-pyr-play between Jonah, Lexi and me yet.
Boohoo!
    Judith, Jonah & Lexi, still dreaming of a white Christmas, like
Bing!
    PS. Meanwhile and you other snow lucky pyr folks, please keep those
snow bulletins and story's coming in. <BG>