Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: Barking

<< Why would someone buy a pyr and not expect it to bark?  I mean, what does
LGD
 stand for?  To me, that would be a dead giveway.  I'm just curious what
"Large
 guard dog" meant to the owner. >>

Very Well said Dave. But I think it goes for most breeds. If you don't want
something that barks, don't get a dog. As for the electricity, I also was
raised on a farm and we used electric fence. My cousin thought it was cute to
touch me and then grab the fence. Usually when I least expexted it. Another
dumb bumpkin I guess. And a friend of mine has her horse fence on a marine
battery. Talk about shocking...Anyway, I just don't think it hurts THAT bad.
nor does it leave any lasting psycological damage. Yes, I am against
debarking, but like I said before, we should stress training. With or without
the shock collars. And we as Pyr fanciers, handlers, breeders or whatever,
should try to educate prospetive new homes. I have heard alot on this list
"well I did not do enought research on the breed", well the breeders should be
telling buyers this kind of stuff. I think it is important. Anyway- just
another opinion.

Melissa, Maddie, Samson and Tanner