Re: [PyrNet-L] Non-pyr: pit fighting

When Pyrs. are used to guard flocks ( or whatever they may be out
guarding ), I have heard that they are put in with the flock early and
remain with them.  Are they still handled often by humans, to keep them
social to humans?  I have read conflicting reports on this.  How do Pyrs.
in the past react to humans if they have minimal exposure?  I assume by
their nature they would be reserved unless they  reason to think
otherwise.  Would the average person be able to walk up on a flock of
sheep in a strange pasture??  Would the average dog just alert and then
be watchful?  I know some of you have working dogs, and I would be
interested to know.  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]