Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Summer clip

Michaelene Sullivan wrote:

> JGray37000@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Kathy Hubbell wrote..>>Speaking of heat, do any of you trim or clip your Pyr
> > during the summer? ?Panda just loves a crewcut!<<

Since dogs do not sweat, I've always thought that they needed their
coats to protect their skin from heat and sun.  On the other hand, I
have a good friend who is a groomer and used to clip all their Pyrs.
They once leased a dog from us, she was returned with a crew cut. We
have never had so much trouble with a dog's skin as I did with that dog.
She had a terrible time with bites and hot spots.  Because of that
experience, we have never clipped our dogs.  I do know of people who
clip their dogs but leave about 2-3  inches of coat and the dogs seem to
do well.
Charlotte
Virginia